Grants & Scholarships
The JLOCC has annually awarded thousands of dollars in grants and scholarships to deserving community organizations and students to help support the JLOCC vision of a community in which the health, safety, and education of all individuals are promoted and supported.
We regret that the Junior League of Orange County, California, Inc. (JLOCC) Community Assistance Grant program has been discontinued for 2014 - 2015 The program’s effectiveness in achieving our mission and goals is being evaluated and may return in 2015 - 2016 Another way to partner with the JLOCC is through our Projects; the JLOCC returns over $50,000 and gives more than 1,500 volunteer hours to the Orange County community each year.
The Junior League of Orange County, California, Inc., (JLOCC) is pleased to announce that we are seeking qualified applicants to compete for our annual Scholarships Awards for the 2015-2016 academic year. This year, up to $12,000 will be awarded to deserving students who are striving to pursue a college degree.
- Currently a graduating high school senior or a post-secondary student
- High school or post-secondary overall grade point average of 2.5 or above
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Resident of Orange County, California at the time of application
- Pending acceptance to a post-secondary institution (required for receipt of scholarship)
- If registering as a part-time student, proof of 20 or more hours of work per week
- Agreement to attend the JLOCC April 2015 meeting to accept any award or send an appropriate designee (parent, executive director of the project/program, foster parent, etc.)
- Scholars should be willing to update the JLOCC about their experience by May 2016
- May not be an immediate relative of a JLOCC member (i.e. sibling, daughter, son)
- Scholars must use the funds awarded within one calendar year from the official award date
Please note: Former or current participants in a JLOCC sponsored program or organization may receive
preference. Applicants may reapply annually.
Interested scholars should check back this Fall 2014, when the scholarship application is released.