JLOCC Scholarship Program
The JLOCC has annually awarded thousands of dollars in scholarships to deserving students to help support the JLOCC vision of a community in which the health, safety, and education of all individuals are promoted and supported.
The Junior League of Orange County, California, Inc., (JLOCC) is pleased to announce that we are seeking qualified applicants to compete for our annual Scholarships Awards for the 2016-2017 academic year. This year, up to $2,500 will be awarded to deserving students who are striving to pursue a college degree.
- Currently a graduating high school senior or a post-secondary student
- High school or post-secondary grade point average of 2.5 or above
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Pending acceptance to a post-secondary institution (required for receipt of scholarship)
- If registering as a part-time student, proof of 20 or more hours of work per week
- Agreement to attend the JLOCC April 2015 meeting to accept any award or send an appropriate designee (parent, executive director of the project/program, foster parent, etc.)
- Scholars should be willing to update the JLOCC about their academic experience by May 2016
- May not be an immediate relative of a JLOCC member (i.e. sibling, daughter, son)
- Scholars must use the funds awarded within one calendar year from the official award date
Please note: Former or current participants in a JLOCC sponsored program or organization may receive preference. Applicants can reapply annually.
Scholarship Award Application: Applicants must submit the following information for scholarship consideration:
- Completed application form
- High school and/or any post-secondary school transcripts
- Letter of recommendation from an academic advisor, academic counselor or recent instructor
- A second letter of recommendation from an individual not related to you
Please submit all of the above items in a single envelope postmarked by Friday, February 12, 2016 to:
The Junior League of Orange County, CA (JLOCC)
5140 Campus Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660
or submit all of the above items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on February 12, 2016.
Contact the Junior League of Orange County, CA at 949.261.0823 or visit jlocc.org for more information. Scholarship recipients will be notified in writing on or before Friday April 10, 2016.