The Junior League of Orange County, California, Inc., (JLOCC) has annually awarded thousands of dollars in scholarships to deserving students to help support the JLOCC vision of a community in which health, safety, and education of all individuals are promoted and supported.
The Junior League of Orange County, California, Inc., (JLOCC) is pleased to announce that we are seeking qualified applicants to compete for our annual Scholarships Awards for the 2019-2020 academic year. This year, up to $4,000 will be awarded to deserving students who are striving to pursue a college degree.
- Currently a graduating high school senior or a post-secondary student
- High school or post-secondary grade point average of 3.0 or above
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Pending acceptance to a post-secondary institution (required for receipt of scholarship)
- If registering as a part-time student, proof of 20 or more hours of work per week
- Agreement to attend the JLOCC June 2018 meeting to accept any award or send an appropriate designee (parent, executive director of the project/program, foster parent, etc.)
- Scholars should be willing to update the JLOCC about their academic experience by May 2019
- May not be an immediate relative of a JLOCC member (i.e. sibling, daughter, son)
- Scholars must use the funds awarded within one calendar year from the official award date
Please note: Former or current participants in a JLOCC sponsored program or organization may receive preference. Applicants can reapply annually.
Scholarship Award Application: Applicants must submit all of the following information for scholarship consideration:
- Completed application form
- High school and/or any post-secondary school transcripts
- Letter of recommendation from an academic advisor, academic counselor or recent instructor
- A second letter of recommendation from an individual not related to you
Please submit all of the above items in an email by March 1,2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the Junior League of Orange County, CA at 949.261.0823 or visit jlocc.org for more information.